Friday, January 13, 2012

13.01

Funny thing about words are that they can change everything for one person, even if the same ones mean nothing to another. Just the other day, I felt that my perception of reality became a little skewed, yet, I couldn't come out of that state. I was not strong enough to handle my perceptions on my own. Then I talked to B, and he made me feel okay, and within about an hour that we had together on the train, he completely changed my perceptions and made me feel very positive and upbeat about life. And so, I realised, even though I found it hard to talk to him heart-to-heart for a while, he would always be there for me. He is on that top level of people in my life, one of my closest, and rightfully so.

So yes, even if you know something in your heart, it always helps to have it reiterated and reassured by another. The best situation is when what you have in your heart complies with what the important people in your life are saying. Hence, like I said in my last huge post, its important to choose those important people carefully. Alhamdulillah, I have been trying to maintain that distinction in my life, and I can already feel the difference that it has made. That quote that a lot of people have on Facebook - "Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - by Bob Marley - is indeed the truth. If you let the wrong people hurt you, you will be hurt for no worthwhile reason (unless you learn from your mistake).

Some other updates in my life:
- Summer school started!
- I got my new handset - HTC Sensation XE - a couple of days ago. My first smartphone, my first touch phone, and the umpteenth distraction. However, day by day, I am beginning to realise that I need to learn to manage my distractions myself. Right now, I am still getting used to typing on the touch pad. I feel like a grandma - I have caught people looking at me funny when I fumble with it in public transport. :(
- The newest TV show in my life is Scrubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment