Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Making decisions

An effective way to know what decision you should take is to ask yourself, what would I want my daughter to do? If you don't think you can bear it if your daughter takes a particular decision, don't take it yourself. It is often easier to love others more than you love yourself. It is often easier to hurt yourself more in the long term than wishing to protect someone you love. And the people you would love the most would be your children. Everyone else seems like individuals, but a person's own child probably always would seem to be a part of her. And you'd want the absolute best for your own child, even if you do not think of it for yourself.

This realisation made me realise how much my mother loves me. And also, that my daughter will probably never love me the way I would love her. But such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment