Sunday, March 13, 2016

Anxiety

One of the children I know is okay to speak when she is with her friends, but gets very quiet when she has to speak in front of a large group of people. She starts crying every time she encounters something difficult. She can't answer questions she knows the answer to when she starts crying. I wish I could tell her that I know how it feels. I know how it feels to feel like you can't breathe because your brain feels clogged up and everything in the world seems to be against you. I tell her everything will be okay. Just to calm down, drink some water and start again. She seems to be doing better - she went to the canteen person all by herself to ask for her lunch order, and she was so happy about it! She came running to me and told me the good news. 
She isn't the only one who feels that way. There's a few other children I know who seem to have anxiety issues. I can't remember having them when I was little, maybe I did, but I can't remember. But now that I am older and experience these issues all the time, I know how it feels like. I wish I could hug them tight everyday and let them know that everything will be okay. Allah will take care of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment