Sunday, October 03, 2010

Somebody once told me, the world was gonna roll me



Hope is what is keeping you alive. Whether you are a believer or not, it is hope that makes you get up everyday. Its what you see in the morning sun. Its what you see in a beautiful flower that grows out of sight, behind a broken wall. Its what you experience in a hug. Its what he didn't have when he left, believing he was the 'black sheep'. Its what he didn't have, when he was contemplating suicide. Its what she lacked when she took the first whiff of a cigarette, then the first taste of an illegal drug. Its what they don't feel when they let their eyes wonder too far to forbidden places. Its what he gave up when he picked up a knife to decorate it with blood. 

Or maybe its what they hoped to have. 

Words can build up hope, until it reaches the clouds and climbs on top. Until it escapes the Earth's atmosphere and wonders out into the space, towards infinity. Then, they can tear it down, crush it to the ground, until in breaks the dry earth, reaches inside, and burns in lava. Funny thing is, they don't usually realise that they are making such powerful changes.

"Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas
I need to get myself away from this place
I said yep what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself
And we could all use a little change."

Random fact: I really admire people who can sing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment