Monday, October 28, 2013

Abez sez

I recently came across this blog from an article in Muslim Matters. The more I read it, the more I like the person behind it. She is married to someone she calls "HF" - the Husband Friend - because she is married to him, who also happens to be her best friend. She has three children, the oldest has Autism. Her mother is a Mormon and she lives (lived?) in Abu Dhabi - an extremely hot place. I read a bit of her husband's blog too and he seems to have the sense of humour that she has. I like this couple for a few reasons:

- They have a lot of tests in their life, but they are handling with humour.
- They communicate - very clearly.

She seems to live the phrase "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". She is also anti-praise (when it's done in front of people), so I hope she never comes across this post.

She is making me think about how I have a tendency to analyse every situation that befalls me, and how I have been excusing my way out of taking actions. My life is not that horrible. Even when it becomes that horrible, which it inevitably will sometime, I just need to make lemonade. Because this life is not all.

And right now I need to stop being lazy, get off my sorry backside and brush my teeth.

"It’s easy to slip up- not in the “Why Me?” sense, but “Why Khalid?”and “Why Autism?” And I must remind myself that Khalid is my test, and autism is Khalid’s test. And it’s just a test. And after it’s all over, and the believers and the righteous are finally in Jannah, it will be asked of them whether they had ever suffered in this life. And they will swear that they never had, because the suffering we feel in this life is so minute, and so brief, compared to the reward and the contentment and peace and the perfection and resolution of Jannah. I desperately hope I’m included in that group, and I desperately hope that Khalid is as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment