Saturday, May 16, 2015

The mundanes - 2

I think I'm coming down with a flu. I have been coughing those phlegm-y coughs for the past few weeks, but it wasn't until last night that I felt like my entire head and nose area had been blocked off. I thought I was going to die last night, which was pretty scary, because when you think you are going to die, you start to take an account of all the things you've done in your life, and feel unprepared.

But, alhamdulillah, I did wake up this morning. We don't really have anything on today except for a dinner at night, so my plan was to make breakfast, wash some clothes, make tea for myself and immerse myself in stats for the rest of the day. This is the only subject that I'm doing this semester, and this is my 2nd time doing this one, so I really, really, really want to do well. The rotis that I attempted to make turned out terribly (they were fine with it, of course, they're awesome people!) and my tea ended up being cold and runny. Clothes are drying well though.

I started reading my stats notes and realised that nothing is going in and I keep having to use tissues and I began to feel like my eyes are heating up and body is heating up but also feeling too cold. Got another cup of tea with lemon, ginger, honey and all, called my mum and sorted through my notes. Mr H wants to go shopping for a few things he needs but I don't think I can get up at all.

One thing I realised recently - my in laws and my parents are very different in nature. The secret of being happy is to nurture people's nature, and not oppose it. My problem is that I tend to become like the people I am around, which is hard when you have different kinds of people around, because then your mind becomes confused as to which one you should become like. But I think its an advantage for people like me - it forces us to shape our own selves ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment