Saturday, February 06, 2016

Adulting

I started to teach six year olds for five days a week. There's about thirty of them in a room and they are with me for more than seven hours everyday. There's the ones that hug me whenever they can, they ones that write beautifully, the ones that look at me with believing eyes. And then there's the ones that seem to only have energy for running, the ones that don't wash their hands properly and the ones that come to school with all the germs in the world. Today is my first day off after a full week, and I am so, so tired. My legs feel like they will fall off. My throat is sore. I haven't been able to sleep properly. And I constantly feel like time is running out. On top of that, my weekends have never been free, in fact, they were my busiest times for the past year and a half almost. 

So, this should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment