Monday, September 11, 2017

Time

I just realised my last several posts are about my assignments. I do often feel slightly delusional because of them. I have one due today and I am trying to finish as fast as possible so that I can get to my thousand other chores but my mind went blank and now I am here. Some people around me constantly remind me how other people seem to balance more things on their plate and they glide through life without stressing. This makes me feel inadequate. I need to learn to just focus on my life and not worry about other people's perception of it. The problem is, my life sometimes needs to be based on other people's perception because those are the people I am trying to keep happy. That sounds ridiculous now that I typed it out. Why do I need to keep them happy?

I need to renew my intentions. Shaytan gets in the way and reminds me of the things I do wrong on a daily basis, reminding me that I miss out on the most basic worships, so what good would renewing intentions do. That also sounds ridiculous after typing it out! Allah is Al-Afu', Al-Mujib, Al-Wadood. Allah is Al-Lateef.

I feel panicked at the thought of the list of things I need to do. Miffy told me once that my perception of my abilities should not stop me from doing anything, because Allah is the One that enables, and His abilities are infinite. Time can be a flexible concept, filled with or lacking of barakah.

No comments:

Post a Comment