Friday, August 09, 2013

2nd of Shawwal

Things have changed quite a bit. I don't like dressing up in pretty clothes as much as I used to before. If I could have it my way, I would wake up with a t-shirt and trackies, find a cup of perfectly made coffee on my bed-side table, sip on it and read.

I think the reason why I don't like dressing up as much as before is that I realised I will never be entirely satisfied with the way I look if I make it a goal to 'look good'. I can look 'good enough' in about ten minutes, but being entirely happy with every aspect of my appearance is quite impossible. Its also a huge waste of time because its impossible to reach that particular goal, so you'd be miserable by the end of it anyway. I don't know whether any girl is ever completely happy with the way they look once they start obsessing over it. Best solution is to not obsess over something that is not worth obsessing over.

I have a horrible habit of not replying to messages, to the point where people might start thinking I am really rude. I tried to get rid of it last Ramadan, but my mind obviously didn't think it was a goal worth achieving. -.-

I should stop procrastinating and go do something useful.

1 comment: