Sunday, February 09, 2014

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

I am currently sipping on a cup of green tea. It's not as bad as it tasted the last time I had it - I am trying to remind myself of its numerous benefits with every sip. Adding lots of lemon and a spoonful of honey helped too. I am trying to get myself in healthier habits... not sure how long it'll last.

Lots of things are happening lately so I am trying to take it one day at a time. I have been feeling the need of clarifying and revising my ideas regarding faith and methodologies of practising it. Our life is too short to do things without knowing why you're doing them. It is also too short to live with your head under sand. I have also been feeling a lot less stressed lately. Paraphrasing one of the newest people in my life: Things are only as stressful as you make them.

Something wonderful happened yesterday - SB gave me a surprise gift. I have been making dua for something for the past few months, and with that gift, the problem has been solved. He is such an amazingly generous person mashaallah! I think I was too happy to properly be able to express how happy I was, but A said he would know anyway.

Dua is amazing. You directly ask the One who is in control of every single thing, the One who is also the Most Loving and Answerer of Prayers. It's not possible for anyone to care about you more than the amount and quality of care He has for you. It's not possible for anyone to love you more than the amount and quality of love He has for you. He also knows what is absolutely best for you. Recently, I have realised how great reliable people are (I'm not one of them yet, but inshaallah I'll get there one day!). You can trust them very easily and know that you wouldn't be disappointed. But at the same time, humans are fallible, and they can only meet a certain amount of expectations placed upon them. Allah is the most reliable, perfectly reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment