Wednesday, November 08, 2017

thoughts.

Sum told me she went through all my posts from 2017 recently. I think she's my only reader at the moment since my life consists of mostly baby stuff and assignments. Future L might also be a reader, so I shall keep writing! (Just out of curiosity, if you come across this post, please leave a comment.)

Baby M is napping right now. I am trying to get her into a routine at the moment - wake up around 7ish, breakfast, lunch, dinner, 2 naps a day, bath before bed time and sleep around 8 PM. She has started to have a range of fruits, some veggies, brown rice and cereal. We need to give her meat soon inshaallah. We are going away in about 3 weeks so I am a little worried about her food intake. I really hope she doesn't forget how to eat all the things she learnt to eat so far.

I have an assignment due in 12 days. I have not started it.

I am quite annoyed with myself lately. My productivity has take a massive dip. I know exactly why and I should fix it, and I guess I know the first few steps towards fixing it as well. I don't know whether I am brave enough to keep taking steps. But life is so short. If we keep being afraid to change things then we will stay exactly where we are and become resentful, bitter old people in no time.

I have seen a shift in the kind of tests I have been facing. I need to learn how to deal with this one and master it. I was listening to a lecture by NAK where he was saying that to train the body, you need to slowly build up your resistance. You can't work out for one day and then expect to be strong enough to take a punch without flinching. Spirituality works the same way. Right now, I am at a very unfit spiritual stage, but that does not mean that I cannot work my way upwards.

No matter how old you get, it's good to hold onto a little bit of positivity and  hopefulness. How else can we expect to survive this journey?

2 comments: