Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Tonight

It felt like a punch to my stomach and I know exactly why. It was a reminder that this world is nothing but a test and no one will stand by anyone else on the day of judgement. It was a reminder to really look within myself and remember who I am, what defines me. My self-worth is not defined by anyone else, nor can I judge anyone and feel like I will never be in their position. I guess it almost made me feel like myself again. I have been in a daze of happiness, but this world is never meant to truly fulfil. I need to be grateful for all my blessings, but not surprised when a test comes my way.

Writing has always helped me to ease pain, and this pain too is eased a little already. I need to look back at this when I don't feel like this again and remember.

Ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is a cautionary tale. Lack of honesty means lack of sincerity. Its like that termite patch the pest control guy found at my parents' house. I guess the difference between forgiveness and putting up with abuse is the result. Only Allah has the capacity and the ability to forgive over and over and over again. Humans are limited. You need to let the hurt heal to truly forgive, and being hurt in the same place over and over again doesn't allow it to heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment