Friday, July 08, 2005

Aro Kobita

The Promised Day

I was told to hold back all my tears,
I was told to forget those hidden fears,
I was told to smile and mutely pray -
I was told to wait just one more day.

I was told I would hear the peaceful sea,
I was told I would feel the endless glee,
I was told I would see the golden ray -
I was told to wait just one more day.

I was told I’ll get a second chance,
I was told I’ll be free of this trance,
I was told I’ll finally get my say -
I was told to wait just one more day.

I was told to firmly hold the rope –
I was told to fill myself with hope.
I was told I’ll soon find my way -
I was told to wait just one more day.

That one more day never came...
I still look forward all the same...
I wait for life to fold in pain -
I wait to be told again.

15 comments:

  1. I should read this poem over and over...its a nice reminder to be patient

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami kobitar meaning khub rarely bujhi unless ppl explain it 2 me. Please excuse my blondeness but what is the main msg in this poem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you write this all recently, or is this work over a long period?

    ReplyDelete
  4. though I'm not the author....for me the main msg is to hope despite despair. Coorect me Lamz

    ReplyDelete
  5. i kno this poem is stupid because it doesnt make sense. every single person who read it (cept nira apu... congrats!!!) didnt get it. the main msg is SUPPOSED TO BE wat munira apu sed... something like that. no i wrote this poem recently... that was the last poem i wrote. probably it turned out this way because my mum was forcing me to write something for the wma comp... (i kno wat ur thinkin... excuses excuses *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Don't insult your own poetry... it may not be to your liking, but others will enjoy it! That's what poetry is about... the poet hates it, but the readers love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. excuse me doe.. i kno i kno u.. but i didnt figure out who ur. *embarrased*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Doe goes to the same Uni as your sister... have you guessed now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup yup i kno who she is if she has a sis called zumzum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice poem!

    Don't worry about the meaning
    your talent is leaning towards
    becoming a poet
    Someday you'll be great! :)

    ReplyDelete