Thursday, September 09, 2010

Fleeting thoughts

Tomorrow is Eid.

Ramadan passed me by faster than the blink of an eye. Yes, alhamdulillah, I feel like I have gained something from it this time. I feel an inch closer to Him. I feel an inch more satisfied with my life. But I know, the real challenge starts now. I have to hold on. I have to hold on to Him. The thing is - if you are not a spiritual person, or if you have never felt a moment of spirituality, you will not be able to feel what I feel. But if you have tasted its sweetness, you will know exactly what I am talking about. To all those that belong in the second group, I pray that you feel a little closer to Him.

Yet, tomorrow is Eid. I feel quite excited. This morning, I was feeling the same way I used to feel ten years ago. Butterflies in my stomach, plan after plan after plan, images running through my mind, overlapping each other. Don't ask me what I plan for - they are the silliest things you can think of. Nothing related to Eid. Just happy thoughts.

1 comment: