Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nothing to do but frown

I love glass bangles. I love the way they tinkle, the way they fall upon your wrist without making you feel enchained, the way they shine when sunlight (or any other light...) falls on them. I would wear them all the time, if I could, except, I seem to break at least one and get blood all over my wrists every time I wear any. Like, the book sale day, God knows why I decided to wear anything glass and carry two heavy bags. Naturally, by the time I got to school, my hands were all red and sticky. And then there was that time that I forgot I was wearing them, and started knocking my arms against some sort of a fence. And then the other time - when I stepped on one. Basically, glass bangles and my luck aren't exactly best friends. But I still continue to wear them. I think the red bangles set reduced from twelve to six. The ones that I'm wearing now have a crack in the middle, where the end meets the beginning. And I'm terribly scared that I'll break a few along that line.

I am very hungry right now. But we have some guests over for dinner, so I can't eat until they come. And I'm also tired and sleepy. And...

Okay, I'll stop complaining.

3 comments:

  1. I've only ever loved maroon coloured glass bangles. Generally I don't like them mainly because of the noise they make, and also the weight. ... ah heck. i don't even like bangles, glass or otherwise. oh, but i do have a thick really nice green bangle that i substitute for the jade bangle i plan to get once i'm rich...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very interesting.I like it.I'm waiting for your new post.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emu: Good luck with that. Also, when you're rich, please buy me a few stacks of glass bangles. =]

    dyanna: Thank you, I had a look at your blog too, and I loved your photos! Except, I don't understand anything you wrote. x(

    ReplyDelete