Thursday, July 01, 2010

I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!

I was checking who visited my blog today, and found that someone from France googled something and found a post of mine from 2006. I read the post again and had a few thoughts rush into my mind straight away. 2006 seems too long ago. This was during my first reform after having a bad fall of the soul, when I was trying to stuff my life with as many things as I could. It was also right after the Amin sisters got married, which seems like an awfully long time ago, since they currently have five whole kids between them. Daggers is now nearly at the end of her university course and earning regularly. Back then, she just finished her HSC.








I felt like editing some photos today, so I rummaged through some old photos, and found this. It was taken at the end of 2008 or at the beginning of 2009. I went to visit my grandmother around that time - I even spent my new years eve there! The four other people that lived there went to bed at 8 pm that night. The rest of the family left the village a few days earlier, leaving me behind so that I would have some quite time to 'study'. Of course I got nothing done! Anyway, that is beside the point. The point is, I don't know who these kids are. I just know that they live near my grandmother's place. And I was out with the camera one day and saw that they were playing. I forgot what they were playing. I forgot most of the details, except, when I told them that I want to take some photos, they became so happy! They were crowding around the camera and became very amazed that you can see the photo straight away! I know a lot of things will change the next time I see them. Maybe some of the girls would be married, the boys sent off  to work. But I do hope that I get to see them and share some of these memories.


And one night, it was full moon. It was so beautiful!










When the night has come,
And the land is dark,
And the moon is the only light we'll see...
No I won't be afraid..
Oh no.. I.. won't be a-fraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me!


Yes, I recently watched Stand By Me. It's a very cute movie, and it reminded me of books that I used to read as a child - Jafor Iqbal books. I also watched Peter Pan recently, and started missing my pretend worlds very much! It told me that I just have to think happy thoughts, and it will lift me up into the air. One of my many favourite quotes?
Wendy: My parents wanted me to grow up. 
Captain Hook: Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience... and pimples. 


Sorry about the fuzziness, if fuzziness annoys you.


P.S: The full moon photo was taken by my wonderful sister!

2 comments: