Tuesday, December 29, 2009

28th October - extra thoughts

Wow.

Whao.

I can’t believe what I just read. It just disoriented my thoughts gathered for the past eight months, thoughts that were biased because I was looking through the rose tinted glass of those certain surreal months. There were thousand weak moments in which I reconsidered and regretted making certain decisions, even though I knew, for the time being, they are the right decisions. Of course, they only lasted a moment, yet, there were a thousand of them.

I guess there are more selfish people than me in this world. I am grateful to not be stuck around such selfish people, who, probably would have changed a little, but who would also change me. Time goes by so fast, I would not realise how much I missed out on until those wrinkles loosen my skin. By that time, I would have probably been depressed and regretful for passing a whole life time without seeking or finding the true meaning of living. I would realise that illusions lived on for a whole lifetime is in fact no more than a second long.

Therefore, I am glad it’s over.

I started reading ‘In the shade of the Qur’an’ by Sayyid Qutb, which I was inspired to try after reading some of ‘Way to the Qur’an’ by Khurram Murad, which is a collection of incredibly beautiful thoughts. InshaAllah, I will finish the latter and actually get somewhere with the former after HSC. In the introduction, Qutb lists some verses of the Qur’an, which I thought would be a good reminder to me from time to time. So, I printed them on coloured paper and stuck them right on top of my monitor. Sadly, I haven’t looked at them much while I procrastinated throughout stuvac and HSC. Anyway, here they are:

It may well be that you hate a thing which is good for you, and love a thing although it is bad for you. God knows, whereas you do not know. (2:216)

Satan promises you poverty and bids you to commit indecency while God promises you His forgiveness and bounty. God is Munificent, All-Knowing. (2:268)

Whoever fears God, He will find a way out for him and He will provide for him ain a way he had never reckoned on. He who puts his trust in God, God will suffice for him. God is sure to bring about whatever He decrees. (65:2-3)

God does not change a people’s condition unless they first change what is in their hearts. (13:11)

And so, I am reminded and made thankful, yet again, for those thousand moments in which I decided to disregard my love for a thing which is bad for me.

I don’t know who reads my blog any more so I stopped writing for others. In the beginning, it was Nira & Co, the group of alive, innocent, dreaming, muslim, bengali, single, young girls. My fourteen year old mind had not tainted much, thus, my thoughts were recounts of everything-that-happened-the-whole-day. Occasionally, I posted poems that were written out of an urge to rhyme instead of an urge to express my feelings, since I could not often feel what I wrote. Slowly, Nira & Co disintegrated into married, practical parents with not enough time or energy to dream and/or express those dreams. Thus, my readers shifted to Emu, and occasionally, my sister. Then my family started to read me, followed by people who I wanted to convince that life isn’t actually that bad, followed by school friends. Without realising it, I constantly changed my patterns for the people who read my blog. From now on, I will write for myself. If you are convinced that my views are reasonable, go ahead and think about them. If you think I am ridiculous, feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment