Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Flutterbying Days


Flutterby
Originally uploaded by Mirar_Mirror
I have finally learnt how to bake sticky date pudding. Well, technically, I still have about forty minutes to decide if I really learnt it or not, but I'm still allowed to be excited! If everything goes well, inshaAllah, you can come over during Eid to taste the heavenly pudding. According to the recipe, this one makes enough for eight people. And we have enough dates for four of these recipes - so the first thirty two would be the lucky (or unlucky, depending on my luck today) ones!

By the way, just for the record, EMU, if you ever come across this, this is for you. I forgot to record your memorable dream in my last update, even though you dreamt before that. I shan't describe it here, since the thought is a little bit ugh. But its still worth a lot of LOLs. So here you go, this is for you: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL...... LOL LOL LOL.

And the sky is beautiful again! No more November rains to blow out our candles.

I have been thinking about Dawud Wharnsby, Kimya Dawson and Anjan Datta for a while, since they have an uncanny similarity in stating the truth. The difference between the first and the others is that Dawud is restrained by the use of logic and reasoning in his expression of feelings, whereas, Kimya and Anjan are not. Personally, this places him higher in my list of respectable human beings than the other two. He knows that emotions do not rule the world, nor should they. If everyone stated what they felt like whenever they felt like it, sustainable living would not exist. Anyway, words really do not mean much until they are translated into actions, so, I am not against KD and AD (as it may seem from the last few sentences). But I do hate it when people let their emotions rule themselves completely in the real world.

Of course, sometimes, it cannot be helped. But there must be a balance between reason and emotions. (And yes, I sometimes behave like I am yet to gain this knowledge. :[)

My sticky date pudding is nearly done and it smells like it should be. So that's a good sign. But I do have a habit of ruining things at the last moment, so nothing can be said for sure yet.

An exciting update: I am wearing a blue sari for Eid! Its not new and its not mine, but its beautiful. I do have a new outfit, which was reserved for this Eid before last Eid, but I remember not liking it very much. And why would I pass a chance to wear sari?

Aniqa, do I sound more curry than the last time you talked to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment