Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tell me if you hear me falling



This Eid was both fun and frustrating.

It was fun because I wore sari every single day and dressed up to my heart's content. I also got the satisfaction of watching people eat my sticky date pudding. And the general vibe of Eid was always present - the feeling of excitement, happiness, love and perfection. We went out as a family every single time, as we always do. Bhayiun even took us through the IMO carwash, since we've never been through it as a family, and allowed us to enjoy the artificial heavy rain! We went to people's places and hung for quite a while, instead of the usual five minutes of Eid visits.

The frustration arose from the fact that we left the house at awkward times - every single time! We kept missing people who wanted to come over for a visit and kept on knocking on doors of people who weren't home. As a result, a lot of our time was spent driving around in the streets. It was a waste of driving around, since I didn't get to drive. And I was wearing a sari the whole time, and I hate moving around in saris! I just like sitting and taking photos, or maybe gracefully gliding from one end of the house to another.

I was listening to New Moon's soundtrack - Possibility by Lykke Li. Did they form the band just to sing that song? Anyway, its a nice song, the lyrics is not extremely well written, but the overall song carries a melancholy tone. I like this part:

So tell me when you hear my heart stop,
You’re the only who knows
Tell me when you hear my silence
There’s a possibility
I wouldn’t know.

It makes me nostalgic. I don't know why.

My ears are hurting from three days of earrings. I think its mainly from the huge ones I was wearing on the first day. I don't know if I can ever wear those again. Such a waste of money and beauty!

I hate feeling like I am not good enough for something or someone. And there's always certain people who make me feel that way, of course, they don't realise it! I guess that's why I like perfection when it is not my rival. This is definitely not a good sign, because it means I don't have a great attitude towards learning. When people welcome differences and competition, they open themselves up to challenges. I hate doing it, therefore I don't. I should really change my attitude, ASAP!

On a brighter note, the stars are twinkling tonight. They really do look like fireflies, stuck in one place. Apuni was looking at the stars with me, and she said, some stars are there one moment, and the next moment they aren't.

The best part of painting nails is that you get to scrape them off whenever and wherever you want.

p.s.: The sky is unusually clear tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment