Monday, November 23, 2009

I’ve been living with a shadow overhead

Its another cloudy day in this side of the world. Which is a relief, because the heat from the past few days probably has been enough to jack up global warming by a mile. I had a shower at 6 pm last night, when it was nearly dark outside, when everything is supposed to cool down, yet, two seconds later, I started wishing I never got out of the shower. I dug up the thinnest, most comfortable, yet not-so-vulgar piece of clothing I could find and put it on. Then sat in front of the air conditioner and ate my feelings (towards heat) away.

So naturally, I found it hard to wake up today, as you do on all cloudy mornings. Also because I knew I had to vacuum the whole house properly so that my sister can mop. Why would anyone do that on a Monday morning? No I'm not just bored because there's no HSC to entertain me any more. Eid is in four days, and our dear mother, as organised as she is, wants the house cleaned four days early. Personally, I prefer cleaning the night before for anything because the house stays clean the next day. Anyway, half way through vacuuming, the vacuum cleaner stopped working. And then we discovered that the mop bucket was broken. Fixing those problems took about two whole hours away from our precious lives. Then I vacuumed, and felt a great sense of satisfaction upon finishing the arduous task.

Right now, I'm talking to Marisa. And I just found out she cut her own bangs, which is depressing, because it looks good. I also cut my own bangs, but, I look horrible when they stay as they are supposed to stay. My sister thinks it was an act of a thirteen year old, since it was a result of anger. Oh well. I really would not have minded having a bad hair month, except for the fact that Eid is in four days and it would be one of the only times when my hair is viewable by more than four people. But I figured I can comb it in a certain way to make it look like a short side fringe. It still looks bad.

I finally watched the end of Music and Lyrics! The first time I started watching it was at the end of year 10, when I couldn't really hear a word because everyone else was too excited about everything else. And every time I wanted watch it after that, I always had to stop about half way through - for one reason or another! Anyway, I'm in love with Way Back into Love right now.

I’ve been living with a shadow overhead
I’ve been sleeping with a cloud above my bed
I’ve been lonely for so long
Trapped in the past, I just can’t seem to move on

I’ve been hiding all my hopes and dreams away
Just in case I ever need em again someday
I’ve been setting aside time
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can’t make it through without a way back into love
Oh oh oh

I’ve been watching but the stars refuse to shine
I’ve been searching but I just don’t see the signs
I know that it’s out there
There’s got to be something for my soul somewhere

I’ve been looking for someone to shed some light
Not just somebody just to get me throught the night
I could use some direction
And I’m open to your suggestions

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can’t make it through without a way back into love
And if I open my heart again
I guess I’m hoping you’ll be there for me in the end

There are moments when I don’t know if it’s real
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can’t make it through without a way back into love

And if I open my heart to you
I’m hoping you’ll show me what to do
And if you help me to start again
You know that I’ll be there for you in the end

Yeah. I really like guitars.

That is all the updates I had up my sleeves.

ps: It was raining so hard about five minutes ago I couldn't resist. So I went and jumped in the rain. I'm still young at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment