Monday, May 02, 2011

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!

In this extremely secret mission, they killed Osama Bin Laden. A lead that no other country knew about, not even Pakistan, which housed the man. After he was killed, he was 'buried at sea'. No one saw him, no one knows what really happened, except for what they have been told by the media. No one has ever seen this man except for his creepy videos.

In September 11, in an around the twin tower, there were 2752 deaths.

In 2010, in one year alone, at least 2777 civilians were killed in Afghanistan, being caught in crossfire. The 'war against terror' has been going on for the past TEN years.

No one knows if this person actually ever existed. A lot of conspiracy theories are rising right now, and yes, they will continue to rise. Newspapers will keep reporting on news on war against 'radical jihadism' or 'Islamists' or whatever new term they come up with next.

But, this is for those people that were looking at me with scared eyes today. And for that employer that did not give me a job because of my hijab. And for those cars that pass by, with people screaming obscenities from within, telling me to 'bring out the bomb' or 'go back home'. And for that girl at the very beginning of high school who bullied me with words because of my hijab. And for my year 8 english teacher who thought hijabs really should be banned in schools. And for those million ignorant people who think 'Moslems' are not people.

Frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment