Thursday, May 12, 2011

Silver moon and paper dreams

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a brilliant film that reminded me of Inception. The whole idea of mapping your memory and removing parts of it to reduce heartache is absolutely amazing. I think, there are moments in most people's life, when they would love to take advantage of such a system. (I say most, because, I have actually met people who have no spots in their mind to begin with. I didn't think it was possible either, until I met them.) Anyway, for the rest of us, its a lovely idea. All you have to do is gather every tangible thing that reminds you of someone/something that you no longer wish to remember, and a few experts will erase any association with them from your brain.

This is a guaranteed result of the the effects of selective memory loss. This effect can also be achieved by having repressed memory syndrome. This movie uses the concept of Lacunar amnesia. 'Blind spots in memory' - as one scientist explained. However, having the guaranteed result would have been more useful than using guess work. Life would have been filled with eternal sunshine. Mostly. 

The negative thing about not having any bad memories is that there are no traces of darkness which will compel you to be thankful for the sunshine. 

Did I mention I have an assignment due tomorrow?

Interesting fact: Words such as 'innit', 'grrl' and 'thang' had been added to the Scrabble list

I wish I could get by just by blogging, tutoring children, making up songs, buying cute coffee cups, sleeping, taking photos, wasting time and whatever else I do.

The following is the perfect soundtrack to how I wish my life was right now. I wish I could fly away from all forms of tests, including life tests.

Painted scenes, I'm up all night,
Slaying monsters, flying kites,
Speak to me in foreign tongues,
And share your secrets one by one.

Will you fly me away?

No comments:

Post a Comment